[Nfbmo] FW: HCS HB 320- Employment Discrimination- House Debate Expected TODAY

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 15:48:27 UTC 2013

Please help. Thank you.

From: Sara Schuett [mailto:saraschuett at socket.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:06 AM
To: Kimberly Lackey; Mark Habbas; Gary Wunder; Misty Snodgrass; AJ
Bockelman; Nancy Copenhaver; Nina Chasnoff; Bradley Harmon; Karen Aroesty;
David Elkin; Ronda Williams; Norma Collins; Luanna Gifford; Jeannie
Brandstetter; Steve Bough; Shawn D'Abreu; Cindi Keele; Veronica DeLagarza;
Rod Chapel; Mike Louis; Nancy Cross; Kirsten Dunham; League of Women Voters
St. Louis/ Missouri; Otto Fajen
Cc: Sharon Jones; Jeannie Brandstetter
Subject: HCS HB 320- Employment Discrimination- House Debate Expected TODAY

Folks- the House Committee Substitute for HB 320 was voted out of Rules on
Monday and could be up on the floor today.  Please send out an action alert
to your members asking them to contact their State Representative and urge
them to vote NO on the bill.  The bill was modified slightly, but all of our
major objections remain.  I have inserted below a memo we prepared and you
are welcome to borrow from it if you like.  I also attached the Governor's
veto letter and you can see the current bill at
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/billpdf/commit/HB0320C.PDF

For those of you in the building, please help us in the hallways and
encourage the House members to vote no.  My team worked on the issue
yesterday and we could use your support in shoring up some additional
support.  You can usually find me by the doors or in the rotunda if you have
some time to help.  I'd be happy to suggest some names of folks we think
could use some encouragement.

Thanks for all your help!

Sara Schuett

Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys