[Nfbmo] FW: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Let's Take Ownership: Your Voice is Needed in NFB Focus Groups at NFB National Convention

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 28 17:20:31 UTC 2013

From: State-affiliate-leadership-list
[mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Riccobono, Mark
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:12 AM
To: chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org; State Affiliate Leadership
(state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org)
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Let's Take Ownership: Your Voice
is Needed in NFB Focus Groups at NFB National Convention

Fellow Federationists,

The National Federation of the Blind is a strong, dynamic, organization like
no other in the world. The Federation stays fresh and vibrant because we
continue to take full ownership of our organization and bring new elements
into our programs that keep us on the cutting edge. In advance of our 75th
anniversary (2015) and with the tenth anniversary of our Jernigan Institute
coming up (2014), we will be conducting some focus groups at the convention
to gather data about the organization and its branding. The focus groups
will explore a few questions about the NFB brand, key characteristics of the
organization, and the elements that keep you engaged in Federation programs.
Please consider volunteering an hour of your time to discuss a few questions
about the Federation from your perspective.

We are planning five separate focus group times. You can only participate in
one of the sessions but you should indicate all of the sessions you would be
available to attend as we will select participants in order to get a cross
section for each session.

The available focus group times are:

Group 1: Monday, July 1, 10:00-11:00 a.m.

Group 2: Monday, July 1, 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Group 3: Monday, July 1, 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Group 4: Wednesday, July 3, 1:45-2:45 p.m.

Group 5: Wednesday, July 3, 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Please send an e-mail to Mika Baugh <mikabaugh at yahoo.com> noting the time
slots you would be available to attend. Please also provide a mobile phone
number that we can use to confirm your participation with you during the
convention. Finally, include your state affiliate in the message so we can
get a wide range of geographic representation.

Thank you for your work to build the National Federation of the Blind!

Sincerely,

Mark Riccobono

P.S. Share this message widely with Federationists planning to be at the
convention.

Mark A. Riccobono, M.S.ed

Executive Director, Jernigan Institute

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Phone: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2357

Fax: (410) 659-5129

Email: mriccobono at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono

Web:  <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: http://
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call
1-855-659-9314