[Nfbmo] Leaders List

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Tue Mar 5 03:49:05 UTC 2013

I received a call early this morning about an AP Press article reporting
that the House Appropriations Committee for Social Services chaired by
Representative Sue Allen has eliminated General Revenue for Rehabilitation
Services for the Blind. I understand that the House Budget Committee plans
to do mark-up on the budget bills during the week of March 11th. We need to
contact all members of the House Budget committee by phone calls, emails,
and personal visits to the extent possible.

The Legislature will be on break the week of the 18th. The bills will then
go to the House floor. Whether Rep Allen misunderstood the purpose of the
funding or it is intentional, it creates lots of work for us to do in a
short period of time; however, it is not an impossible barrier to overcome.
This is a time where we all can have a positive impact to turn this around
and educate our legislators on the importance of Rehabilitation Services for
the Blind.

Thanks for the work you all will do on behalf of current and future RSB
Consumers.Shelia Wright, Chair

Governmental Affairs Committee

NFB of Missouri

816-741-6402