[Nfbmo] the lighthouse situation

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Fri May 24 03:44:29 UTC 2013

Susan the papers they gave Mark mainly gave the number for Valley INdustries a shelterd workshop as another job option and of course numbers for RSB etc.  They called Mark in an at first told him it wa a layoff and then stated it was a legal termination.  I do not for one buy the sequester as the only excuse.  When I left there almost 20 years ago they knew that GA goverment orders would not last forever.  The new leadership was supposed to be working on private and commercial contracts but from what I have seen they have focused more on philanthropy and social programs than the workers.  Mark said they were told it is possible if work comes in they might be called back but with some loss in seniority and full benefits.  From what I understand there were 20 blind workers and 4 sighted who were let go.  Robyn

Never underestimate yourself.  You are a special person and there is no one quite like you.