[Nfbmo] 1Touch Training Opportunity

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 23:39:11 UTC 2013

From: Miranda Brown [mailto:miranda at 1touchproject.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:34 PM
To: Wunder, Gary
Cc: stephen nicholls
Subject: 1Touch Training Opportunity

Hello Gary:

The 1Touch Project would like to ask you to distribute this email to your
NFB members in the state of Missouri to inform them of this upcoming
opportunity.

The 1Touch Self Defense Project for the Blind would like to introduce you to
the benefits that can be gained from the program.   Please see attached an
informational packet about 1Touch.

The program was designed for the blind but is proven accessible and
beneficial for numerous demographics deaf, deaf/blind, children,  seniors,
and people who are multi-disabled.

There are many benefits beyond safety that come from the program, greater
communication skills, increased confidence and independence, spatial
awareness and O&M skills just to name a few. Various agencies across the
United States have seen the results from the 1Touch and are implementing it
into their curriculum.  Anyone can become a 1Touch Coach it is beneficial to
both individuals, and  organizations serving the blind.

Currently we are working with the MO School for the Blind and the MO School
for the Deaf on holding a Coaching Certification Course in St. Louis.

We look forward to hearing from you to discuss your participation in the
upcoming Coaching Certification Course in MO.  16.75 CE Hours  can be earned
for this course.

If you have any questions please email info at 1touchproject.com

Sincerely,

Miranda Brown

1Touch US Secretary

319-759-8980

Take the stress out of this year's holiday shopping with NFB's Bid for
Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday,
Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register
<http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=bid-for-equa
lity>  to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid!