[Nfbmo] Update on the WIPO Treaty

NJ Lynn freespirit at accessibleworld.org
Thu Oct 10 17:13:40 UTC 2013

The following came from the ACB list.
Late yesterday, we learned that the U.S. government signed the Marrakech Treaty to improve access to books for people who are blind and visually impaired, or have other print reading disabilities.  This is only the first step, but it is necessary, before efforts to seek ratification by the U.S. Senate can begin.  That, as many of you know from past experience, is likely to be a lengthy process, but it is one that we will certainly work with other organizations to undertake, now that the United States has signed the treaty.  Stay tuned for further developments as they occur.

Melanie Brunson

Melanie Brunson, Esq.

Executive Director

American Council of the Blind