[Nfbmo] Have a business that decided to rip me off

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 18:11:14 UTC 2014

Hello, Jordan. I don't believe I've seen any responses to your question on
the list, but it may be that I have not been diligent in my search.

It is hard to know how you can do anything that will be economically
significant to you. Filing a court case over fifteen dollars will be a tough
proposition financially. What proof can anyone bring to a court? When it
gets to be my word against your word, how can a judge determine which of us
is telling the truth?

I don't know what the experiences of other people on the list are, but I
don't think this is ever happened to me. My father recently asked me how
many times people have taken advantage of me because I cannot see the bills
that I give them. In truth I can't think of a time when I came up short and
thought it was thievery. I can, however, think of countless times when I
have handed someone a bill, and they have saved me from myself by telling me
that I did not hand them a ten but a twenty. I can also think of humorous
times when this is happened as when I asked a waitress to accompany me
through a salad bar that cost six dollars, meant to give her a ten,
accidentally gave her a twenty dollar bill, and didn't realize it until she
jumped over the bar, gave me a kiss, and told me that she had prayed to God
that very morning about how she was going to make her rent and that I had
given her enough to do that. I liked the hug, enjoyed the kiss, and did not
tell her that I had made a mistake and only intended to give her four
dollars for the trip to the salad bar. I was plenty content to, at least for
that moment, be the agent that God had promised.

Warmly,

Gary