[Nfbmo] bill to eliminate electronic, private, ballots moves through MO legislature...

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 20:49:54 UTC 2014

Just heard on a story on the St. Louis NPR affiliate that a bill to  define
the paper ballot as the official - and eventually - only legal ballot in
Missouri is close to passage in the Missouri Senate and will move to the
House  soon.  It sounds like this might be a violation of the Help Americans to
Vote act (since paper ballots are not accessible), as well as potentially a
 violation of the ADA.   Electronic systems can still be used until  they
need repair, at which time they will not be replaced.   I don't  have a link
or a printed story to provide at this time, but I'll try to track it  down
later today.
    Does anyone know anything more about this  bill?
Thanks,
Dan