[Nfbmo] bill to eliminate electronic, private, ballots moves through MO l...

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 01:37:03 UTC 2014

There is nothing wrong with the machines that Missouri uses - the Secretary
 of State certifies all electronic voting systems to be accessible, as well
as  secure.  Remember, none of these systems are  EVER connected to a
network, much less the internet.  They don't even have internet  connections.
As I noted in an earlier post, all data from electronic  voting systems save
their data (for a particular machine) to a chip, which are  signed off by
all supervising personnel (evenly divided between REpublicans and  Democrats)
and then picked up by Board of Election officers to be taken to the  Board
of Elections.
      And they *do* contain a redundant paper  trail.
      As if paper ballots are completely  secure!

Dan
      Of course anything can be compromised, but  what needs to be fixed is
the perception of the public who are calling for paper  ballots only.

In a message dated 3/26/2014 8:29:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,