[Nfbmo] An Important Blind Pension Letter

Linda A.Coccovizzo Linda.Coccovizzo at MCCKC.EDU
Tue Oct 7 15:58:05 UTC 2014

What if you don't have medicare?  Would that be a reason to not get a letter?  I will have it back by April or so, but I have not gotten a letter.  I know they have my direct address, as we just finished a couple of months of corresponding back and forth, and I am definitely on BP.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbmo [mailto:nfbmo-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Eugene S Coulter via Nfbmo
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 12:53 AM
To: Marsha; NFB of Missouri Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Nfbmo] An Important Blind Pension Letter

The letter was from the Department of Social Services and was mailed on September 23.
If you did not receive it it likely for one of two reasons:
First, you may have moved since your last review and they do not have your current address.
Second, you may not actually be on Blind Pension but instead be on Supplemental Aid to the Blind. Many, many folks do not know which program they are on as they are so similar and the check amount is the same. If you are on Supplemental Aid to the Blind you did not get a letter as nothing is changing for you.
To check and see if Family Support has  your correct address or which program you are on if you did not get a letter call 1-855-FSD-Info (1-855-363-4636). These are the only questions they will be able to answer for you.
If they have your correct address and tell you that you are on Blind Pension than send an Email to PartDQuestions at DSS.MO.Gov and ask them why you did not get a letter.
Gene