[Nfbmo] Missouri Parents of Blind Children informational call

Rosina Solano colemangirly at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 17:07:44 UTC 2014

 Hello all:

This Sunday October 26, 2014 we have a great topic call.  The topic is "Why do you want to make that child blind?"  This is for all those questions that parents AND teachers ask about why we want our students to learn alternative skills when they still have any vision at all.

Our guest speaker this time around is none other than Carol Castellano.  Carol Castellano is Director of Programs for the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children and co-founder and past president of Parents of Blind Children-NJ.  She plans state and national conferences and provides training for parents, teachers, and other school staff on education strategies, available resources, and legislative issues related to the education and development of blind children.

Carol writes frequently on the education and development of blind children and is the author of four books: The Bridge to Braille, Because Books Matter, Making It Work:  Educating the Blind/Visually Impaired Student in the Regular School, and Getting Ready for College Begins in Third Grade: Working Toward an Independent Future for Your Blind/Visually Impaired Child.

Carol's work has been cited in many textbooks and recognized internationally, appearing on blindness services websites of countries around the world.

Please join us Sunday Oct. 26, 2014 at 9:00 pm Central Time to discuss interesting options and then time for questions.  Be polite and introduce yourself on the call and allow everyone a chance to speak.  Our calls generally last about one hour.  Be on time as our speakers time is valuable.  Call in number is 712-432-0180 and access code is 667622 (MOPOBC).

If you know of anyone that could benefit from this call or is possibly interested in our parents division, please pass this on to them.  We are for anyone in the lives of our Blind/Visually impaired children.  Parents, Grandparents, Teachers, Neighbors, Friends, etc.  We all want to improve the future for our students!!

If you have any questions please drop me a line either by email colemangirly at yahoo.com or call me at 417-469-0588
Thank you in advance and hope to hear you all on the call!

Rosina Foster
NFBMO - Show Me Chapter
MOPOBC - Missouri Parents of Blind Children