[Nfbmo] Committees Handling HB 1003 and HB 454

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Wed Apr 1 02:29:53 UTC 2015

Hello Federation Friends,

Below are the two committees handling the bills we are working on this year.
we are waiting for both bills to be scheduled for hearings. Please use these
lists as they provide information on the key members of the House of
Representatives  that we need to be contacting. If you need additional
information or have questions, please call a member or the Governmental
Affairs Committee or your chapter President. I also am available to discuss
these bills with you.

Hb 1003 on instruction of braille and the need for the NRMA or another
researched based assessment has been referred to the Select Committee on
Education. This bill was recommended do pass after a hearing in the Emerging
Issues in Elementary and Secondary Education committee. Since that time,
there has been opposition that would like to see the bill defeated. An
amendment will probably be offered and we need to be sure that it does not
water down the bill.

<http://www.house.mo.gov/CommitteeIndividual.aspx?com=01278&year=2015&code=R
> Select Committee on Education

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=007&year=2015> Lair, Mike

Chair

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=058&year=2015> Wood, David

Vice-Chair

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=153&year=2015> Cookson, Steve

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=127&year=2015> Kelley, Mike

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=146&year=2015> Lichtenegger,
Donna

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=092&year=2015> Montecillo,
Genise

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=024&year=2015> Morgan, Judy

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=066&year=2015> Pierson,
Tommie

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=155&year=2015> Rowland, Lyle

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=147&year=2015> Swan, Kathryn

HB 454 on Accessible Voting in All Elections was assigned to the Elections
committee when we were at the capitol in early February. There has been no
hearing scheduled yet and we need to contact the chair and other members of
this committee to encourage them to conduct a hearing on the bill.

<http://www.house.mo.gov/CommitteeIndividual.aspx?com=01163&year=2015&code=R
> Elections

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=128&year=2015> Entlicher, Sue

Chair

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=098&year=2015> Dogan, Shamed

Vice-Chair

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=120&year=2015> Chipman, Jason

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=010&year=2015> Conway, Pat

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=141&year=2015> Dugger, Tony

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=020&year=2015> Kidd, Bill

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=053&year=2015> Kolkmeyer,
Glen

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=039&year=2015> McGaugh, Joe
Don

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=087&year=2015> Newman, Stacey

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=113&year=2015> Shaul, Dan

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=085&year=2015> Smith, Clem

 <http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=139&year=2015> Taylor, Jered

Thank you for your assistance in helping to contact legislators concerning
these matters.

Shelia Wright

Governmental Affairs Chair

National Federation of the Blind of Missouri Phone: 816-741-6402 Work/Home

816-679-5258 Mobile

Sbwright95 at att.net <mailto:Sbwright95 at att.net>