[Nfbmo] Blind Pension News

Eugene S Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 4 19:51:32 UTC 2015

Family Support Division is in the process of relocating all Blind Pension cases and Supplemental Aid to the Blind Cases to Warren County. Many cases have already been transferred there. Warren County staff is logging in the cases and checking them for overdue actions. .
They are sending out notices to clients requesting the missing information. Foremost among these is the request for  new eye exams. Evidently those of us who have had  recent eye exams may have only been approved for one year. Therefore, even though it has only been one or two years since our last vision exam  we may have to get another exam. The only good news is that it  it should be our last exam if our vision loss is certified as permanent. Regardless make sure if you are amongst the lucky people    who get a notice reply right away. To be clear FSD was allowed to certify   recipients for 1 to 5 years under the old law. Under the new law they can certify from 1 to 5 years or permanent.

Gene