[Nfbmo] Last Call

Eugene S Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Fri Feb 27 21:29:36 UTC 2015

***Please read entire message as there is new information within***
Hello this is your last call , almost, to make hotel reservations for the 53rd annual State Convention of the  National Federation of the blind of Missouri Below is pasted the hotel contact information . Attendees have until March 6 to make their reservations!  Double queen rooms are limited.
There are plenty of tickets remaining for the Friday Pizza Lunch but these tickets need to be purchased in advance.
Remember the hotel restaurant is not cheap as a burger is $12.99 before tax, tip and drink.
Attached is the registration packet and convention pre-registration is due postmarked by March 15 or March 17 online at nfbmo.org.
Child Care registration is due by March 6 and Exhibitor registration is due by March 15.
I left off Springfield in my last report and they will be holding a raffle.
The soda machines will not be Brailed but attendees can get soft drinks from the sundry shop attached to the front desk.
We will be able to have a cash bar on Saturday night at the banquet.
Self-parking is free but valet parking is $22.00 a night.
There is a $250.00 charge for smoking in your hotel room.
Take care
Gene Coulter

53rd Annual Convention

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel

7730 Bonhomme Avenue; Clayton, Missouri 63105

314-863-0400

March 27-29, 2015

          The Lewis and Clark Chapter welcomes you to the Gateway to the West. Saint Louis was founded in 1763 because of the location on the Mississippi River, high bluffs and excellent forests. The area has always been a known place to stop before moving westward. The metropolitan area is full of history and charm. Residents and visitors experience both the bustle and excitement of the city and the feel of a small town community. We hope to welcome you and show you the hospitality and good old fun!

You are invited to share in the celebration from March 26-29, 2015 at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Room rates are $84.00 a night plus 15.613% tax for up to four in a room. To make reservations call 314-863-0400 and use code NFC26A. Also a King Executive Room is available for $114.00 a night and a one bedroom suite for $124.00 a night plus tax.

The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, fitness center, guest laundry facilities, in-room coffee makers, luggage storage, beauty salon, business center, sundeck, and complimentary airport transportation. We have arranged for complimentary in-room internet service which is normally $9.95 a night and complimentary self-parking which is normally $14.00 a night. If you wish valet parking, the cost is $22.00 a night plus gratuity. This is a smoke-free hotel and a $250.00 cleaning charge will be assessed if evidence of smoking is found in a guest room. The hotel reserves the right to charge a refundable first night’s deposit at the time of booking a room. Check-in is 3:00 pm and checkout is at noon.

Alexander’s restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch daily and dinner Friday and Saturday. The Lobby Lounge is available for dinner and beverages seven nights a week. Both eateries feature American Cuisine.

In addition to the regular uplifting events on Saturday and Sunday, there will be a full range of activities on Friday. There will be a seminar for students, parents of blind children, and diabetics. Following the seminars there will be a board meeting of the affiliate at about 3:00 pm.

Convention registrations post marked on or before March 15, 2015 will be $15.00. After March 15 the cost to register will be $20.00. Registration will be open from 5:30 to 8:00 Friday evening and 8:00 to 8:30 Saturday morning.  Hospitality will be open on Friday evening from 5:00 to 11:00. Sorry, but as usual, the hospitality room will be a smoke free zone. Come eat, drink, and enjoy the fellowship!

We have several planned meals throughout the weekend at extraordinary prices. The highlight will be our Saturday banquet for $30.00. We will also have a planned lunch Saturday for $15.00 and our annual Prayer Breakfast Sunday morning at a cost of $12.00.  This year there will be a luncheon on Friday for those attending the various seminars, and the cost is $15.00. The planned meals are open to everyone. Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of these meals since there are not many other restaurant facilities nearby. An important note: There will be an additional charge for meals purchased after the above deadlines therefore the banquet price will increase to $35.00, lunches to $18.00, and breakfast to $15.00.

We again will be offering child care for those children in need of supervised care.  The cost is $30.00 for the weekend for the first child and $20.00 for each additional child from the same family. Care will be provided on Saturday during the morning and afternoon sessions, the evening banquet until 9:00 p.m., and the Sunday morning session, which will adjourn at 12:00 p.m.  Meals are not provided in child care, so parents need to make arrangements to feed their children.  Important: Parents wanting care for their children must send a request on or before March 6, 2015.

Exhibit space is free to the chapters and divisions of the NFB for federation fund raising and information distribution and for a cost of $30.00 to outside exhibitors. Exhibit tables must be reserved before March 15, 2015.  If you have door prizes you wish to donate, please contact Door Prize Chair Stephanie McDowell her Email address is smcdowell_2005 at yahoo.com to notify her of any donations.

Equality * Security * Opportunity