[Nfbmo] How to deal with well-intentioned sighted folks?

celticcari36 celticcari36 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:22:56 UTC 2015

Hi Daniel,
I agree with Gale. My personal take on this issue is to just be you. Every situation is different. An article is just an article. You can read it or not but definitely give a thanks and a smile to the one sharing. If that person really wants to know more about blindness in any aspect, he or she will ask or the conversation will naturally flow in that direction. Bottom line, treat people the way you want to be treated. When people feel at ease with you and you are a ease with yourself  opportunities will arise. Hope this helps. It took me a long time to learn that and I had to learn it by myself.

Peace,
Cari