[Nfbmo] How to deal with well-intentioned sighted folks?

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 01:20:52 UTC 2015

I am very fortunate that my Federation friends are so wise. Thank you for your thoughtful answers.

I don't know why I became so upset with this whole business. When people sent me these articles before, I never gave them a second thought. But now that I have been properly educated about what blindness is and is not, I understand the implications of people sending them to me.

For years I did not come to terms with my own blindness. Eventuallly, I had to face the facts. I guess I will have to accept the fact that friends and family members have not fully accepted that I am blind and will likely be for the rest of my life.

Best Regards

Daniel Garcia
Member Kansas City Chapter