[Nfbmo] Guide Dog Protects Owner

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 9 20:16:05 UTC 2015

Good afternoon everyone,

     In 1987 when my wife Mary fell off of a subway platform in
Washington D.C. she sustained a scull fracture and had to be rushed to
the hospital in an ambulance. I along with my guide dog Ogden rode in
the ambulance with her. It was a fast ride with lights flashing and the
syren blairing. Ogden and I took the experience well. Since I was able
to keep Ogden under control we were able to ride in the ambulance with
Mary. She spent four days in George Washington Medical Center the same
hospital President Ragan was taken to after he was shot in 1981. Some of
the same medical staff that cared for President Ragon also cared for
Mary. She suffered no serious effects from that accident. There are
insidences when guide dogs have accompanied their owners in ambulances.
Mine is just one instance. Hope this helps.

Peter Donahue