[Nfbmo] State convention past and future

Erin Joy Magoon erinjoy.magoon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:30:37 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I had a lot of fun at this year's convention, as always.  I thought
the hotel was laid out very nicely, and it was easy to figure out
after a few hours.

I also really liked the way the dog relief area was set up.  There was
a trash can right there, and it was possible for a few dogs to relief
themselves at the same time.

I found the food very good, but a little on the pricey side especially
the dinner items.  I know that hotel restaurants are more expensive,
but even then I thought $23 for one glass of pop, and chicken alfredo
was a bit on the expensive side.

I found the servers to be very friendly, and very good at explaining
when they were reaching in front of me, and filling my glasses.

I did find the room, especially the closet and bathroom,a little
smaller than I would have liked.

I think the elevators were not adequate for both the size of the
hotel, and the amount of guests we had.

I did like the size of the meeting rooms, and they were very friendly
and helpful.

I agree with Gary Wunder that they did not have quite enough staff
working to clean up our rooms in a more efficient way.

For example, they did not clean up my room on Friday until sometime
after 3:00 PM, and the biggest problem is that they did not empty the
trash can which was filled to capacity.  However, when I called the
front desk they sent someone right up to rectify the problem.

All in all I think they did a good job, and the best they could given
what they had to work with.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the convention from an agenda
stand point, and although I am disappointed we could not get to the
last wo things on the agenda I understand why that is.

I think Gene Coulter deserves a huge round of applause for everything
he did, and does, to help make convention a huge success and go off
with as few hitches as possible.

Your friend,

Erin Joy Magoon