[Nfbmo] Meet the Blind Month

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:51:13 UTC 2015

Good afternoon, my friends,

Welcome to October, when the pumpkins are in style, and the
PSLs(pumpkin spice lattes) seem to be taking over the coffee market.
:)  But Meet the Blind month is even cooler than pumpkins!

So, what are you guys doing this month?  Any exciting events?  I am
aware that we have a diabetes Action Network seminar on the horizon.

Tonight I will be going to speak to a group of 5 and 6-year-olds about
blindness and guide dogs.  I am looking forward to this immensely.  I
am also working on an educational campaign on Facebook, through which
I will attempt to teach people what it really means to live as a blind
person.  I'm sure I am forgetting about many of the awesome events
happening this month.  Let's share the excitement with each other...

Let's educate the public and build the federation!  :)

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,