[Nfbmo] {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} Uber in St. Louis. hearing today

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 22:24:51 UTC 2016

Dan the metropolitan taxi commission has been after uber for some time.  Uber filed an antitrust suit over a year ago I cannot talk about but the taxi commission had filed for a restraining order against uber that it was not granted so Uber had the case sent to federal court.  The federal judge sent it back to the local courts to rule.  The problem being the St. Louis Taxi commission is made up primarily of taxi owners and their spouses.  The way it is set up 4 of the 9 positions are held by taxi owners or drivers, 2 or 3 positions are vacant and 1 is a spouse or ex wife of an owner.  Therefore the taxi commission is top heavy with taxi people and uber does not stand a chance.  The problem is they want to do the fingerprinting and background checks which is what Uber is fighting.  I am trying to find out more information when I can but its been kept pretty quiet which is pretty much how the taxi commission works here.  The idea to not have a lot of supporters for Uber in court. I realize there have been problems with dog owners but Uber is really starting to pay attention but the taxi commission desperately wants them out of St. Louis.   Robyn