[Nfbmo] Class assignment

Rita Lynch ralynch1950 at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:58:49 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Wunder via Nfbmo" <nfbmo at nfbnet.org>
To: "nfbmo list" <nfbmo at nfbnet.org>
Cc: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder at earthlink.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:46 PM
Subject: [Nfbmo] Class assignment

> Please look at these sentences, and fix them.  If you can, tell me what is
> wrong with them?
>
> 1.  My dog and my cat is two good pets.
Use the word are instead of the word is because with a plural subject, one
needs a plural verb.

> 2.  When we come to our next convention we will have an election.
I would change it to read as follows, At our next convention, we will have
an election.

> 3.  I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main road.
insert a comma after the word county.

> 4.  Time flies like an arrow: fruit flies like a banana.

Use a semicolon instead of a colon.

> 5.  He was a Father who loved Father's Day.

> 6.  My father was born in 1927!

Use a period instead of an explamation point.

> 7.  The Department is responsible for overseeing the Missouri Blind
> Pension.

> 8.  President Obama has just over a month to serve!
Use a period at the end.

> 9.  Donald Tump is our President Elect.
Should be Donald Trump.

> 10.  Many foreign policy issues are handled by the Secretary of State.

> 11.  Our current secretary of state is John Cari, who was previously a
> united states senator.
I would capitalize the S in Secretary and in State and make it a capital U
in United And a capital S in States.