[Nfbmo] National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 05:49:11 UTC 2016

Hi Missouri friends,

For a few months now, I have been serving as the president of the
National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division.  The board
of this division is working hard to engage membership, come up with
new programs to educate blind people involved in the performing arts,
and (of course) share the philosophy of the federation.  In that
spirit, I want to share some information with you tonight in case you
are interested in our work or wish to network with other blind
performers.

The NFB Performing Arts Division is now on Facebook.  You will find us
if you search National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts
Division.  We are also on twitter under the handle nfb_pad.  In
addition, we have our list serve which you can find by going to
nfbnet.org and selecting the option to join or drop nfb lists.  You'll
find it listed as the perform talk list.  The division welcomes any
musician, actor, public speaker, dancer, DJ, and any other performer
type I'm leaving out here.  I would love to see some of the Missouri
affiliate check out the division.  We're open to exciting ideas, and
we're performers, so you can never call us boring.  :)

Happy new year, and stay warm!

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,