[Nfbmo] An easier way to dial in conference lines with smarth phones

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 03:00:22 UTC 2016

I was having trouble dialing into conference lines with my iPhone because the system was impatient, not allowing the necessary time to key in all the numbrs for the passcode. I was then forced to use my landline to dial in.

I did find the solution to this problem though thanks to my friends at the Nut (Northland Users of Technology) Group which meets at a Hy-Vee north of the river to eat breakfast and talk tech once a month.

You can do this whether you use an iPhone or an Android smartphone.

All you do is create a contact and then at the end of the number you add one comma for every quarter of a second you want the phone to pause before dialing your extention or passcode. If you add a semi-colon instead of commas, this is considered a "hard pause" and you have to press a button to actually dial the extention or passcode once the system answers the phone.

Whether you dial a particular extention when calling the National Office or whether you use this to access conference lines, this can be a time saver.

Regards

Daniel