[Nfbmo] {Spam?} Friday, 03/04/16 Midnight: deadline to apply for State Convention Rittgers funds

DanFlasar at aol.com DanFlasar at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 09:33:02 UTC 2016

Greetings Federationists!

The  deadline for the Rittger's Award to attend the 2016 NFBMO state
convention will be Friday, 03/04/16 at midnight.
Please send  applications via email to myself, Dan Flasar,
_danflasar at aol.com_  (mailto:danflasar at aol.com) .

The Convention will take place at the Doubletree Hotel  in Springfield, MO
from Friday 04/01 through noon on Sunday  04/03/16.
You  can call me at (314)646-7128 for me to  take a phone  application.
If I don't answer, leave a message and I will call you  back.
Applications can be emailed to me at _Danflasar at aol.com_
(mailto:Danflasar at aol.com)

No applications will be considered after  midnight Friday 03/04/16.
All applications received by that time will  be  sent on to the Rittgers
Committee for consideration.  Once we  have convened  by conference call,
we
will contact all applicants to  anounce the results  of their  application.

As outlined in a 2012 Resolution regarding the  Rittgers Funding at the end
of this message, first time attendees have the  highest priority. Funding
does not cover all convention  expenses.

Application for 2016 Rittgers Award - State Convetnion

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
PHone:
email:
Chapter:
Have you ever attended an NFB Missouri State Convention?
Have  you ever received Rittgers funding to attend a Missouri State
Convention?
Why do  you wish to attend the 2016 NFBMO state Convention?

Sincerely,
Dan Flasar
_danflasar at aol.com_ (mailto:danflasar at aol.com)
(314)646-7128
Chair 2016 Rittgers Committee
Committee Members:
Ruby  Polk   Kansas City
Laura Rios           Springfield
Rita  Lynch           Jefferson City
Dan  Flasar         Lewis  & Clark
Gene Coulter -  Columbia

Following is a posting of a resolution passed at the 2012  state
convention concerning the intent and eligibility criteria of  the
Rittgers Award.

WHEREAS, under their leadership this  affiliate  flourished and grew
throughout the state, becoming a vital  voice for blind  persons in
Missouri; and

WHEREAS, before her  death, Gwen contributed  the seed money
for a convention fund to help  first timers get to the  convention, as
well as helping those who  needed assistance if sufficient  funds were
available, after priority  was given to first timers;  and

WHEREAS, it was anticipated that  local chapters would
contribute  to the fund to make it  self-perpetuating so that maximum
participation at  our conventions  would be realized: Now, therefore,

BE IT RESOLVED by the  National  Federation of the Blind of Missouri in
Convention assembled this  31st  day of March, 2012, in the city of
Kansas City, Missouri, that each   chapter be encouraged to donate at
least $50.00 per year to the George  and  Gwen Rittgers Convention Fund;
and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED  that the  following standards be
adopted to replace the standards  adopted in 1989 for  allocating funds
from the fund:

1. The  state board will allocate the  maximum amount to be
used from the fund  by January 31 of each  year.

2. An individual application must be  made 30 days before the
beginning of convention by the person  requesting the funds, or by their
chapter president, which explains  the reason for the request.

3. It  is not intended that these funds  pay the entire cost of
convention  attendance and the committee is only  to allocate funds based
on need and  will not use the entire allocated  amount unless recipients
needs justify  it.

4. The State  President may authorize funding after the
deadline  in extraordinary  circumstances if funds remain in the
allocation.

5.  Whenever  practical, funds will be directly paid either to
cover hotel costs  or  convention registration and meals.

6. New or perspective members  will  be given highest priority
in their request.

7. Persons who  have  previously attended a Missouri convention
will then be  given  consideration.

8. No person shall receive funds a second or  subsequent  time
unless they experience an unexpected financial crisis  that would
otherwise prevent their  attendance.