[Nfbmo] Don't Miss This Opportunity

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at att.net
Tue Oct 11 15:55:38 UTC 2016

If you are looking for a job or ever plan to in the future, you don’t want
to miss our upcoming seminar that is just under two weeks away. Its not too
late for you to make plans to join us in St. Louis.

Our keynote speaker will be Anil Lewis, the Executive Director of the
Jernigan Institute. His story and his energy will be inspiring.

Space is still available both for the seminar and the hotel. Don’t miss this
opportunity to network with successful blind people who want to help other
blind people achieve their dreams. Please register in advance by contacting:
Ms. Kim Killian @ 314-243-5866 or Mr. Chris Tisdal @ 314-440-1684.

See article below for more details.

Shelia Wright, First Vice President

816-741-6402

816-679-5258

An Invitation to All from Our Employment Research Committee

Empowering Yourself to Employment and Success is a weekend seminar for blind
and visually impaired working-age adults and students who don't want to be
among the unemployed 74 percent of this demographic. Parents, educators,
rehabilitation counselors and blind jobseekers know that many bright futures
seem to fade as we encounter setbacks in the transition from school to work,
or from homemaker to employee, or back to independence after vision loss.
Learn from blind people with long careers in the corporate, government and
nonprofit sectors, under the auspices of the National Federation of the
Blind of Missouri (NFBMO) and with the support of RSB.

What's covered?

Resumé Writing, Finding Job Leads

Interviewing: what to disclose, what to request, focusing on what you would
bring to the job

Keys to a sharper image

Keeping a job - skills for handling print information, networking, making
yourself almost indispensable

Making your non-work life contribute to your success: finances, independent
living skills, balancing, tradeoffs

And Much, Much More

When: October 21-23, 2016. Session times will be:  Friday evening, 6:00 p.m.
- 9:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; and Sunday morning, 9:00 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m.

Where: Society For The Blind

8770 Manchester Rd., St. Louis Mo 63144

Registration: The seminar has a $25.00 registration fee which includes
seminar materials and lunch on Saturday. Please register in advance by
contacting: Ms. Kim Killian @ 314-243-5866 or Mr. Chris Tisdal @
314-440-1684. Either will be able to assist you in getting registered.

Lodging? Book rooms at nearby Drury Inn by September 25th by calling
314-968-3704 and using the code #2273133. To receive special hotel rates for
this event.

If you are working with Rehabilitation Services for the Blind (RSB), your
counselor may be able to assist you with lodging and travel expenses.

characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.