[Nfbmo] Convention Follow-up

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Mon Apr 10 17:59:01 UTC 2017

First of all Gene Coulter I think you did an excellent job with the hotel especially being that its a property in transition.  Its not easy to deal with this type of situation and lets be frank it was not and probably will not be the Adams Mark of the past when it was truly a brand name.   Still the rooms were clean and the staff was doing the best they could in trying circumstances.  I have certainly seen much much worse.  Yes food was limited but I think a majority of people learned ways around it and Walmart is probably all the happier for it.  Could things have been better, yes of course but given the situation I think things came out pretty well.  Doing lunches and the banquet in a hotel with no real established restaurant service was far from an easy task but they pulled it off.  The fact that they were trying says a lot.   I am not being critical here but I would suggest a better system for collecting meal tickets because I know I saw several people who did not have their tickets or did not put them out so the counts could not have been accurate when they were collected.   In almost every planned luncheon for any type of organized function I have been to meal tickets were collected at the door.   Even when I want up to Minneapolis for my work awards program we had to present a ticket to get into the reception.  Is saves people scrambling for tickets and insures an accurate count but also prevents any unpaid meals from being served.  I do not know if you guys have tried this but it would make life so much easier. Robyn