[Nfbmo] Convention Follow-up

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Mon Apr 10 20:49:21 UTC 2017

I see nothing wrong with raising the prices a little bit.  My feeling is that people afford that which they wish to afford.   Honestly even $37 to $40 for a banquet meal once a year is a fair and decent price.   The only thing I will tell you Gene is we did overhear the staff saying that they were concerned because the count given to the hotel was less than the meals ordered and they were not sure about having enough food.  In fact we heard them tell servers to quickly take the salads and place settings off any tables that were not seated yet to make sure they had enough.  They were actually doing this and this is an embarrassment when you have guests at your banquets and something you should never see happen.  I am not sure how there ended up being more meals ordered than what the hotel had been given so I won't comment on that but typically hotels do prepare at least 10 extra plates that are not charged to a group in case of last minute guests.    I really think this was the biggest issue and I NEVER like to see a hotel staff picking up settings after they have set the tables because they do not think there is enough.  One person at our table had been at the bar and her salad was taken twice before she got back.  She finally had her salad and had someone not asked she would have never gotten her meal.   This was a serious problem you should be aware of.  I hesitate to speak up because I do not want you  to think I am being critical or trying to change things but you need to know what was overheard and seen to plan for the future. Robyn