[Nfbmo] Convention Follow-up

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Tue Apr 11 04:59:41 UTC 2017

Gene; First of all I hope you do not feel I was criticizing your in any way.  I probably should not have said anything about the meal situation publicly but quite honestly if we heard the discussion then I am sure others did as well.   It was actually getting quite annoying and uncomfortable seeing them take plates from tables and certainly not the impression you want to give to guests at a convention.  I suspect that the manager you were dealing with had little idea how to do their job.  Unfortunately it was also obvious they were short staffed and some of those girls worked extremely hard to try and get it all done.  The chances of this hotel being around much longer are slim unless they bring in a new management team.  I have a feeling you are right and the sales manager did not give the updated count or do his job correctly.  Still I think things came off pretty well all things considered and while yes there were issue they could have been a lot worse had you not intervened. I have seen this feedback from every convention I have ever went to but the truth is its not easy to be a convention coordinator and its not easy dealing with hotels.  I don't care if you were staying at a 5 star property there would always be hurdles to contend with.  As for the ticket issue I am new to this so I have to say I was quite shocked tickets were not being taken at the door because it avoids a lot of problems.   Your idea of tearing the tickets in half in case someone leaves is a good idea as well.  I obviously am not familiar with how you guys do things anymore and I do not want to step on anyones toes but I have a lot to learn and being that I have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth and do not know when to shut up I will most likely ask a lot of questions so please bear with me. I am not trying to change the way people do things I just want to understand them.   I still think you did a remarkable job especially dealing with the hotel you were dealing with and lack of staff and services there.   Robyn