[Nfbmo] Our recording secretary gets one over on the president

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 21:36:29 UTC 2017

I am always telling people that they should silence or turn off their cell
phones during meetings. Yesterday, when I was not face timing with Julie to
include her on the board meeting, my phone kept giving the time. In
embarrassment I apologized, and Dacia said, "I wondered when you were going
to notice that." Well, here's the scoop: every time I locked my phone and
put it in my shirt pocket, it would talk. If I leaned forward it would talk.
If I sat up straight, it would talk. If I rearranged it in my shirt pocket,
it would talk. All the while, it appeared to be locked. I was clueless.

Well, a quick call to Apple resolve the issue. Apparently there is an option
which says "raise to activate phone." Turning it off solved my problem. So,
Dacia one, Gary zero, but at least I now know how to silence my phone.

I apologize to all of you who were bothered by it.

Warmly,

Gary