[Nfbmo] Attention Missourians Heading To Convention

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 17:39:15 UTC 2017

The 2017 national convention time is here. Our NFB song keeps running
through my head as I focus on my trip to Orlando and all that is in store
for us as we gather to join our brothers and sisters in the Federation.
Below is some information for those that are able to attend the convention
this year. For others that are not, please remember you can tune in to the
live stream of the National Board Meeting on Wednesday morning; the general
sessions of the convention on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; and the
banquet on Saturday evening. It's not exactly like being there but it is
pretty cool. You don't have to miss it all. At least one chapter is
gathering Saturday night to eat, fellowship, and tune in to the banquet.
Listen and see if you can hear us shout out to our fellow Missourians back
home.

For all who are traveling to the convention, please call or text me when you
arrive. Just leave me a message with your room number and if I do not have
your cell phone number that info may be helpful as well. We will have a
Missouri caucus on Wednesday night at 9:30 in my room. This will give us all
an opportunity to touch base, collect banquet tickets for the banquet
exchange for those that want to sit together, and connect with first timers.
If you you are running late, come anyway and please extend invitations to
former Missourians that may want to connect with old friends. There may even
be some prizes.

It seems like our numbers will be somewhat smaller this year but I'm sure
their will be many highlights that will make this a memorable convention.

Please work hard on selling our Amazon Echo tickets wherever you go. They
are one  for $5.00 and three for $10.00. We will also have umbrellas which
will  sell for $12.00 each. Also, we  need everyone to sign up for a few
hours to work the NFB of Missouri table. Thanks to those who have already
done so. There are still openings that need to be filled. Much of the work
will be done before our caucus, so please respond to Carol Morgan's request
or get in touch with me to sign up ASAP.  Thank you.

Safe travels to all!

Shelia Wright, President

Home:  816-741-6402

Mobile: 816-679-5258