[Nfbmo] Intent to run for a board position

Brittany B bkbsmile at msn.com
Tue Mar 7 15:12:08 UTC 2017

Good morning, fellow Missouri Federationists! Happy Tuesday.

It is my intent to run for one of the board member positions opening up this year.

I have been a member of the Columbia chapter since September of 2011. I attended my first convention in 2012 in Kansas City. At my very first convention, I had the great honor of meeting then-President Dr. Mark Maurer and Mrs. Patricia Maurer. They made me feel welcome from the get go.

I have attended every state convention since 2012. I have attended Jefferson City Seminar four different years since I joined the federation. I presented as part of a panel during the affiliate's leadership seminar in 2014. I am actively involved in all the happenings of the Columbia chapter, including our annual trivia night fundraiser and the Memorial Day parade, as well as serving as the chapter's secretary from 2013-2016. I attended my first National Convention last summer and I can't wait to go again! I am a member of the social media committee and the PR committee.

I have received so much from this organization and I hope that I will be able to give back even more to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind.

I thank you sincerely for your consideration.

Peace & Love,
Brittany K. Berk, Board Member/Historian
NFB of Missouri-Columbia Chapter
bkbsmile at msn.com
(573)777-2305

“Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.”
"Anything is possible if a person believes." - Mark 9:23b (NLT)