[Nfbmo] Why I Am A Federationist

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 01:04:01 UTC 2017

I am a Federationist because the NFB provides me with a strong practical, philosophical, and spiritual foundation for living the life I want as a blind person. Furthermore, I joined the Federation because I wanted to be knowledgeable about the issues confronting the blind community and to use my talents, energy, and time with the aim of solving these problems. In addition, being a member of the NFB allows me to tap into the positive energy of the Federation. I have come into contact with many confident and competent blind people who, at times, have had more confidence in my abilities than I did. I have been gently guided by these role models to develop my skills and to constantly do things I did not think I could do.

Daniel Garcia, First Vice-President
Kansas City Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Missouri