[Nfbmo] Why should I pay to register for state convention???

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 28 20:01:21 UTC 2017

This question is coming up with increasing frequency so our state president thought it would be a good idea if I answered it. First, of course, it is policy that to get the convention rates at the hotel you must be registered. For example, this year’s convention hotel rate  is$87.00 a night as compared to the normal rate of around $200.00.
But what does my registration fee pay for?
the Meeting rooms that have cost us up to $1,000.
pay pal fees for on-line meal ticket sales.
Dance floor that has cost up to $150.
Additional microphones that have cost up to $150
Site visits that have cost up to $325.
Convention awards.
Occasionally outside guest speakers.
and many other lessfrequent  costs including paying for uneaten meals when we have not met the contract minimum  expenditures.
In many years the registration fees do not fully cover affiliate expenses.
I suspect as we go through our next rotation costs will only increase especially meeting room rental.
Gene