[Nfbmo] National Fitness Challenge NFCMO

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed May 10 02:42:10 UTC 2017

Recently I was at meetings that ran from 8 o'clock in the morning till 9:00
or 10 o'clock at night. These were at the Jernigan Institute, so I felt at
liberty to move around a bit more than I would at some other place such as
Microsoft or Expedia. One of the things I did was walk in place. Thinking it
would be funny, I told the person sitting next to me to grab my hand and
walk with me. She did. I said, "this is a great way to get steps, but I have
to tell you that I have gotten lost three times today. She grasped my hand a
little harder to convey sympathy and said, "I know the old building pretty
well, but I can sometimes get lost in the Jernigan Institute myself." Of
course the joke was supposed to be that I was walking in place and there was
no way I could get lost.

I decided that this joke was still funny and needed to try it again. So I
asked a second person to grab my hand and join me in my in place walk. I
repeated the comment about getting lost three times that day, and this time
the response was, "oh, yes, when you walk in place you sometimes drift. I
can understand that you might get lost."

Moral of the story: it doesn't matter how many times you tell a thing. If
it's not funny, it's not funny!