[Nfbmo] blind pension

Roger Crome r_crome1 at msn.com
Tue Nov 7 04:12:51 UTC 2017

I do agree with Corey that we should be cautious with how we express our political opinions.  However, Dave, I would like to address your initial intent of your post.  The Blind Pension is a valuable commodity for many Missourians, and I’m sure that no one would turn down a small cash windfall.  However, a payout in our current political environment could spark a battle against the blind that could harm many people.  The money paid out is a constitutional mandate, but the Medicaid is not.
  So, this would offer an easy go to for a we’ll show you.  If we were to decide, as an organization, to take on the issue, we could not pick up the torch from MCB because they were the initial plaintiff.  If we were to file a suit, it would be starting over.  I am a newcomer to the NFB, but I think this has been one of those dividing points between MCB and NFB.

My reasoning for saying we should be cautious about how we express our political opinions is that we are supposed to be a unified voice for change of commongood.  That unification begins to break down if we begin to lose focus by fighting about politics.
Roger

Sent from my iPhone