[NFBMO] blind pension govt issue

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 6 19:48:43 UTC 2018

If it says that, I'm not seeing it. I think it is trying to say that if you
have a sighted spouse who makes more than 300% above the poverty line, you
will not qualify. Interesting that it is expected that the sighted person
who marries a blind person is responsible for his or her income and that the
blind person is presumed to have no responsibility to bring food to the
table. What amount is 300% above the poverty line? Would it compensate for
losing $8400 a year? I wonder how much of that sighted person's income will
be eaten up by the medical costs that are no longer covered for the blind
pension recipient. I think we should learn more about this.