[NFBMO] SSI vs Blind Pension

Seyoon Choi blindinsider1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:37:49 UTC 2019

Hey fellow Missourians,

I have just recently opened my RSB and was wondering what the clear difference is between applying for SSI vs our state’s own blind pension program? My counselor just sent an email with blind pension application but I’m also aware that those that are not qualified for SSI could apply for pension. I’m super new to this whole thing so any advice is appreciated. What are the benefits of applying for pension vs SSI? What are the difference in application process and which benefit are you currently receiving?

Thanks
Seyoon

Seyoon Choi
Undergraduate Researcher - Parks College of Aviation, Engineering, and Technology
Secretary - National Association of Blind Students Communications Committee
(314) 650-8306