[NFBMO] zoom trainings for attending Missouri state convention

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Thu May 14 15:03:47 UTC 2020

Good morning, Amy. I think this is a wonderful idea, and I think the
committee made some good decisions. I think I would look for a list of zoom
shortcuts that rely more on keystrokes than on fishing around within the
zoom application.

I think it is also important for people to realize that if they are going to
be a host, they really need a way to listen to their speech output that is
not echoed back into the meeting. I get that the host needs to see who's
coming and going, but that information should not seep into the overall flow
of the conversation. It's not always comfortable, but I think if you have a
position of responsibility in a Zoom meeting other than being a 90% observer
and a ten percent presenter, you really do need to figure out a way to pipe
your speech input into an ear and probably to have a microphone that sits
directly in front of you. Of course I am probably describing a headset
microphone for most people.

Warmly,

Gary