[NFBMO] Info to Keep Handy on Election Day

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:14:11 UTC 2020

Hello Missouri Federation Members and Friends,

Just want to be sure that you all have easy access to our Voter Hotline in
case you or other blind Missourians have difficulty voting tomorrow. It is
particularly important for our leaders to be able to provide this number if
you are contacted for help.

Election Day Hotline Available for November 3:

Every polling place is required to have at least one accessible voting
machine available for every federal election so that voters with
disabilities can cast a private and independent ballot. To help ensure that
we are not denied this right, the National Federation of the Blind will host
an Election Day hotline that blind and low-vision voters, poll workers, and
voting rights advocates can call when problems with accessible voting
technology or other barriers are preventing a blind voter from casting a
private and independent ballot. The hotline will be available on November 3,
2020, by calling 1-877-632-1940 from 7:00 a.m. eastern to 8:00 p.m. Pacific.
Learn more about the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) and our other voting
resources at https://www.nfb.org/vote.

Also, Please remember that our state affiliate is asking that you notify our
Committee on Voting if you experience difficult casting an independent and
private ballot. Written accounts are most helpful. This will allow us to
present hard data when we meet with the Secretary of State later this year.
Please include your precinct number or location and which county you vote in
to help us pinpoint where the problems are occurring.

Problems with absentee ballots and early voting are also important for the
work we want to do with the SOS and his staff.

Thanks!

Shelia

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>