[NFBMO] FW: Support Service Providers

Dennis Miller millerdennis893 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:17:13 UTC 2021

From: Beth Jordan [mailto:beth.jordan at hknc.org]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 5:05 PM
To: MO SSP Program
Subject: Support Service Providers

Hi,

I want to share some information with you.  Missouri has a service that
helps people who have vision and hearing loss to be more independent.  It's
called a Support Service Provider or SSP.  The SSP can help you go to the
grocery store, go to the doctor's office, go on a walk, run errands, etc.
You need to be able to make the decisions - the SSP provides you with visual
and environmental information to make informed choices.

The SSP is paid by state funding, not you.  Want to learn more about the
program and if you are eligible?  There are some introduction calls
scheduled this spring.  Pick one that works for you.   You can join using a
Zoom link or over the telephone.  Here are the dates and times:

Feb 10, 2021     9:00 - 10:30 am

Mar 10, 2021     9:00 - 10:30 am

Apr 2, 2021       9:00 - 10:30 am

May 28, 2021    9:00 - 10:30 am

To participate, please call Christina at 660-491-0146 voice or email her at
modbssp at beyond-interpreting.com

Many people spent several years advocating for these services.  Think you
might be interested, reach out to Christina.  Other states are jealous of
this service.  Take advantage of it.  Beth

 <https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc> cid:image001.jpg at 01D6BCCB.2E1688A0

Beth Jordan, Regional Representative, MEd, CRC

Helen Keller National Center, Great Plains Regional Office

450 E. Park St, Olathe, KS  66061

913.677.4562 Direct | 913.227.4282 VP | 516.580.4504 FAX

Beth.Jordan at hknc.org

 <http://www.helenkeller.org/hknc> www.helenkeller.org/hknc

Have a suggestion or feedback to share?  <mailto:HKNCfieldcomments at hknc.org>
HKNCfieldcomments at hknc.org

While HKNC's New York facilities are partially closed during this COVID-19
time, we continue to provide virtual assessment and training services, peer
learning groups, professional learning opportunities, information and
referral. We encourage you to contact us by email or phone/VP.

For individuals with combined vision and hearing loss: To help improve the
quality and quantity of services to individuals who are deaf-blind, please
complete our National Deaf-Blind registry form at
https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/national-registry

DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files
are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s)
named above. The materials in this email also may contain protected health
information or other information subject to protections under federal and
state law, as well as physician-patient, attorney-client work product, or
other privileges. If you are not an intended recipient or the authorized
agent of an intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, printing, copying or the taking of any action with respect
to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete it from your system. Thank you.