[NFBMO] Meet the blind month idea

Cory McMahon cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:14:18 UTC 2021

To me, it sounds like a good idea.

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMO <nfbmo-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of McGhee, Carolyn S via
NFBMO
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 8:11 PM
To: NFB of Missouri Mailing List (nfbmo at nfbnet.org) <nfbmo at nfbnet.org>;
nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org; NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list
<chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Cc: McGhee, Carolyn S <Carolyn888 at live.missouristate.edu>
Subject: [NFBMO] Meet the blind month idea

Given a lot of the comments, jokes, and memes I've seen on Facebook in
various groups I thought it might be a good idea if we did some awareness
videos explaining how we are able to accomplish various tasks including
cooking, identifying clothes, travel (cane and guide dog), technology use,
taking care of children, etc. Probably no more than 5 minutes per video and
if there are multiple ways to achieve a task, one video explaining the
technique would be good. While there are already random videos on TikTok and
other places, if we did our own we wouldn't have to worry about copyright
infringement. I thought maybe sharing one video or one topic each day in
October would be good.

Carolyn McGhee
Springfield MO chapter president
NFBMO Pedestrian safety committee chair