[NFBMO] FW: Books in braille and audio

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 20:09:50 UTC 2022

Some of you may find this of interest.

Warmly,

Gary

From: Aisling Redican <aisling at xaviersocietyfortheblind.org>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2022 9:31 AM
To: GWunder at earthlink.net
Subject: Books in braille and audio

Dear Gary,

My name is Aisling Redican. I am Communications and Fundraising Manager for Xavier Society for the Blind in New York City. Since 1900, XSB has been providing braille and audio materials of a spiritual and inspirational nature to patrons worldwide, including many people in Missouri. All of our services are provided free of charge and there is no fee to register. I believe we were in touch a couple of years ago, and I was wondering if you could perhaps pass on this information with your chapter members and anyone you think would be interested.

We continue to serve many clients in many ways including creating new audiobooks and books in braille. Our catalog includes over 2,000 titles in braille and audio related to spiritual and inspirational themes and religion for blind and visually impaired people of all faiths seeking to deepen their faith and spirituality. More recently we have been choosing award winning titles and recommendations from several national associations and book clubs.

As we plan for the future we look forward to serving many more people, more efficiently, in more innovative ways. I hope that you will help us spread the word. I have attached a flyer describing our services and recent additions to our catalog as well as a PSA that we have shared on our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/XavierSociety> , Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/xaviersociety/> , and Twitter feed <https://twitter.com/XavierSociety> . Please share this in any way you can with your members and affiliate NFB chapters. Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information.

Thank you for your help in getting the word out!

Sincerely,

Aisling Redican

--

Aisling Redican