[NFBMO] 2022 Kansas City Chapter Election Results

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 03:42:07 UTC 2022

Dear Friends:

The Kansas City Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri held its annual elections today. The following individuals started their term of office at the conclusion of this meeting:

Daniel Garcia, President
Linda Coccovizzo, First Vice President
Debbie Eifler, Second Vice President
Sarah Coccovizzo, Secretary
Jeff Giffen, Treasurer
Willa Patterson, First Board Position
Tony Waterhouse-Leal, Second Board Position
Ruby Polk continues to serve as our Immediate Past President

I would like to thank our former secretary, Ben Blagg for his many years of service as secretary. Ben will continue to exercise his leadership in our chapter Civic Engagement Committee. Similarly, I would like to thank our former board member Sarita Cann for her service in that role. Sarita is an active chapter member, reminding members of upcoming meetings, sending sympathy cards to members who are sick or lost loved ones, and raising funds for the chapter.

I would like to express my gratitude to Linda Coccovizzo for agreeing to be nominated for First Vice President. She was our Second Vice President and has demonstrated great commitment to the Federation cause. Linda is not only active at the chapter level, but also at the affiliate level being involved in the Parents of Blind Children Group and Missouri Cane Drivers.

I would like to welcome Debbie Eifler to the chapter board. Debbie has been very successful in her role of chapter ways & means chair.

Also, I am excited to welcome one of our youngest members to the board, Sarah Coccovizzo, who will be our new chapter secretary. Sarah currently serves as a board member of the Missouri Association of Blind Students and is involved in the Cane Drivers Group.

I would like to thank Willa Patterson for her many years of dedication to the NFB. Though she decided to step down from the First Vice President's role to allow other members to improve their leadership skills, she will continue to provide the chapter board with much wisdom in her role of board member.

Jeff Giffen has been a consistently solid treasurer as evidenced by the fact that he has never faced a nomination from the floor when running for reelection. Jeff is a member of the Board of Directors of the NFB of Missouri. He is the affiliate ways & means chair and is involved in the affiliate Sports & Recreations committee and Membership committee. I am grateful for his service in the NFB.

I am glad that Tony Waterhouse-Leal was reelected as a board member. Tony has been very successful in his role as our chapter's Civic Engagement Committee Chair. He was also recently appointed as the chair of the affiliate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.

Ruby Polk continues to serve as our Immediate Past President. Ruby was one of my mentors, and I credit her for my success as chapter president.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Garcia, President, Kansas City Chapter
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
(816) 621-0902
www.nfb.org
www.nfbmo.org