[NFBMO] Our law protecting blind parents

STANLEY MAGOON smagoon822 at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 20:41:10 UTC 2022

South Carolina Law…

"Article 4
South Carolina Blind Person's Right to Parent Act
Section 63-15-400.    In making decisions on guardianship, custody, or visitation where a party to the action is blind, the court may not deny the party guardianship, custody, or visitation of a child solely because the party is blind. The blindness of a party shall only be used to determine whether or not granting guardianship, custody, or visitation to the party would be in the best interest of the child.

Section 63-15-410.    (A)    When the Department of Social Services, a guardian, or a child placement agency considers an adoption petition, the department, guardian, or child placement agency may not deny the petition solely because the petitioner is blind.

(B)    In making a determination of adoption where the petitioner is blind, the court may not deny the petition solely because the petitioner is blind. The blindness of the petitioner shall only be used to determine whether or not granting the adoption would be in the best interest of the child.

Joy!
Lynda Magoon