[NFBMO] The passing of Jim Wekamp

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 17:22:15 UTC 2023

For more than forty years it has been my pleasure to know Jim Wekamp. We
first met when he asked me to get involved in helping get a quality
individualized education plan for Brian, the now very mature man who once
was in high school.

Jim died early this morning. I will always be grateful for his humor, his
kindness, and his unceasing gratitude for what the National Federation of
the Blind did for his son. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone and
was always uplifted by our contact. Thanks be to God for putting such a kind
soul on the earth.