[NFBMO] Convention News update #4: Important Banquet info and more

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Tue Mar 21 22:33:13 UTC 2023

Greetings:

After hearing for several years that folks would like something other than
chicken for banquet we have heard the outcry The Lewis and Clark Chapter and
I decided to provide a pork entrée this year. However, that  can be a
potential issue for some folks. So, if you have an allergy to pork or if
your religion forbids the consumption of pork an alternative entrée can be
provided. PLEASE do not request an alternative meal unless you absolutely
require it, in which case, we will make the arrangements. We have NO control
of what the alternate meal would be as that is purely up to the chef. Those
needing an alternative meal should email GCoulter at NFBMo.org with the subject
line “Special Meal Request” prior to April 9.
There will be child care provided this year but the deadline is this Friday
March 24. The Other deadlines are also fast approaching for those coming to
convention.
 Guest room reservations need to be made by March27 and convention
pre-registration  needs to be completed by April 4. Here is what to do:
First call the St. Louis Airport Hilton Hotel at   314-426-5500 and make
your reservations for the convention; our group code is National Blind. If
reserving on-line the code is NFM.  I cannot finalize meal plans until they
are satisfied that we will meet our contracted obligation.
Second, Go to the state convention link at www.NFBMo.org and either register
for the convention on-line or print out the convention packet. IMPORTANT: If
you choose the Frugal Federationist package you should leave the number of
people  registering, banquet meals, and Saturday lunch at zero unless you
are purchasing additional meals for guests. . Of course if you are
interested in Friday lunch or prayer breakfast  you will need to select
these.
Third, if you know of any  business, organization, or person whom might be
interested in exhibiting or sponsoring our convention feel to reach out to
them  letting them know that they can signup at the state convention link at
our website.
Please check out the exhibitor list below to see if I left anyone off.
Help us make this a great convention!
See everyone soon. Eugene Coulter, Convention Coordinator

Gene Coulter, Convention Coordinator
573-474-3226

2023 Sponsors and Exhibitors
SPONSORS:
NANO PAC SILVER Sponsor providing technology  aids for blind and low vision
persons.

Crome Advocacy LLC SILVER Sponsor Primarily, we will have brochures and plan
to have some assistive technology available for people to try.

    Safety Positive Foundation BRONZE  Sponsor will have information about
the newly launched Safety Positive Foundation.

EXHIBITORS:
Wolfner Memorial Library
The Dot Shop Shirts, cups, misc. with tactile braille
Marie’s Vision informational brouchures

NFB of Missouri  affiliate raffle to pay 2024 convention expenses for you
and your plus one and a 50/50 raffle
Lewis and Clark Chapter raffle for luxurious queen size Afghan
Columbia Chapter raffle for  deluxe 4 in 1 charging station
Kansas City Chapter Assorted snacks.
Show Me Chapter pen friend raffle
Springfield Chapter cookies,      crochet towels, and a couple other goodies