[NFBMO] On-Line Reviews FSd

Dennis Miller millerdennis893 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 01:35:31 UTC 2023

I was finally able to register for an account only to find out there was
nothing there for me to look at.

They do require two-factor authentication.  This is accomplished by
downloading Google Authenticator or a similar program to your iPhone or
Android.  You can then either scan the QR code or enter the setup key
manually.  Please note that you have to enter the setup key exactly as it is
displayed on the screen.  This will be several letters, then a space and
several more letters, then another space and several more letters and
possibly some number mixed in as well.  I used my right arrow key on my
laptop and went through it letter by letter as I was entering everything
into my phone.  The Google Authenticator app then generates a six digit code
that has to be entered into the portal to gain access.  However, you have
less than thirty seconds to do this before a new code is generated.  After
you do all of this you find out that you can't do anything yet because
everything is coming soon.

I think we need to have a conversation with FSD because although their Web
portal is technically not inaccessible the process for signing up for an
account is much more difficult than it needs to be.  I just happened to know
about Google Authenticator or I would have been stuck as well.
Dennis