[NFBMO] We are kicking off our NFB of Kansas City 2024 Walk for Independence 5K Walk! #NFBKC24WALK

Daniel Garcia dgarcia at nfbmo.org
Sun Mar 10 02:26:16 UTC 2024

Dear Chapter members & Friends:

I am thrilled to announce that we are officially kicking off our NFB of
Kansas City 2024 Walk for Independence 5K Walk! The actual walk will take
place on Loose Park on May 11, but you can start obtaining funds today, and
you have until July 13 to turn in all the money you raised.

Attached you will find 2 documents: the sponsor letter and the walk
brochure.

The sponsor letter can be circulated amount area businesses to get donations
and the walk brochure has space for you to collect the name of the people
sponsoring you and the amount they are donating. The other side of the
brochure is the registration form and waiver of liability. You can register
ahead of time and bring this to the walk on May 11. You can also register
onsite during the walk starting at 9 am. The registration fee is $10.

If you have your bright orange walk for independence t-shirt you bought last
year, please wear it that day. If you wish to purchase a shirt, they will be
on sale for $15 while supplies last.

If you are on social media, you can use the hashtag #NFBKC24WALK to promote
this event!

The money you raise will help us to continue to fund the programs of the
National Federation of the Blind to help Blind people live the lives we
want. These programs include: scholarships for Blind students and other
youth programs, providing support for blind adults and seniors adjusting to
blindness, legal, legislative, and advocacy work, and more.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Garcia, President, Kansas City Chapter
dgarcia at nfbmo.org
(816) 621-0902
www.nfb.org
www.nfbmo.org
Live the life you want

--

**Private voting is a right, it should not require sight.
<https://nfbmo.org/PrivateVoting>**

The National Federation of the Blind
knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your
future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can
live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfbmo.org/>