[NFBMT-Parents] Montana Legislation ... where we are now

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:19:36 UTC 2018

Hello, fellow Montana Federationists.

Here is where we are so far.

LC2761: Prohibition of subminimum wages for workers with disabilities.
Looking for a sponsor

LC2762: Establishment of accessible electronic alternative for mail voting.
Drop this one for now, since a voting bill was passed by the previous
legislature having to do with PDF ballots, and we may be better to wait for
that to be revisited in a future legislature.

LC2763: Provide that ballots for voters with disabilities be same form used
by all. Same as above.

LC2764: Establish penalties for malicious or negligent injury or death of
service animal. We may be merging this bill with other groups of people with
disabilities regarding their signal, guide, or service dogs, so that it is
more inclusive and therefore more likely to pass.

LC2765: Protect rights of blind parents in family law.  The title of this
bill cannot be changed once it has been submitted to the legislative council,
and as of right now it only addresses the parental rights of blind parents.
The prevailing wisdom is that it might have a better chance of passing if it
promotes the parental rights of other disabilities as well.

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org <http://www.nfbofmt.org/>

Live the life you want