[Nfbmt] Fwd: Public Hearing Announcement - Order of Selection

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Fri Dec 20 15:01:14 UTC 2013

Just out of curiosity, Jim, where did you get this message, and did you not read the confidentiality notice at the bottom?

I don't know what the hubbub is all about.  We all heard about this at the state convention.  Blindness is a low incidence disability, but it is also considered to be one that most significantly impacts a person's life, so we would be among the ones at the head of the line.  With its relatively low population and reputation for spending money wisely, Montana is probably one of the states that will be least likely to be affected by this order of selection.  Not that it won't have an effect, because it will.  But I still think it will not impact the blind of Montana 	as much as it might other disability groups or the elderly.  From what I have read about this, I have concluded that those of us who are receiving services should continue to receive them, and those who will need them in the future will not be at the end of the waiting list or excluded altogether.  Joy